Live Roulette Variations
Now, you know the top online casinos to play live roulette. So, now it is time to learn a little more about the game. There are different variations of live roulette for you to play. But regardless of the variations you play, the rules for the games are almost the same.
Let’s take a look at the different roulette variations you can play at an online casino.
American Roulette is the classic Vegas variation of the game. It comes with an additional double 0. It gives an RTP of 97.3%. In case you are an advantage player or odds man, you should avoid this version of the game. But the payouts for this version of roulette are potentially bigger.
In European Roulette, you can place a bet on 1-36 and one zero. So, you can place a bet on the black, red, or even columns. The return to player percentage of the game is 97.3%. European Roulette is the most popular roulette variation available and will underpin the different varieties that are available.
This version is just like European Roulette but with added La Partage and En Prison insurance bets. It means you can get half your money back when the zero lands. French Roulette has an RTP of 98.5%. La Partage is a significant aspect of this game. If you want to play even money bets, you are better off playing with La Partage. Column and Straight Up bets don’t come with any benefits. It is a great option for all high-stake roulette players who are looking for a better return.
Live Speed Roulette
Speed Roulette had been released with the goal to produce a game to truncate spin time for players. So, the game is a little quicker than the other variation of roulette. The spin time can be as low as 25 seconds in Speed Roulette. Regular roulette games take anywhere between 48-60 seconds.
Double Ball Roulette
Double Ball Roulette is only offered by Evolution Gaming. In this, two balls are fired into the wheel by the croupier. It is just like regular roulette but the betting options are enhanced for Double Ball Roulette. If both balls land on the same number, you stand a chance to win 1300:1.
In case you are tired of waiting for one wheel to come to a stop, you have the chance to bet on up to 8 tables simultaneously. You are going to bet one table but each wheel will count.
Multiplayer Roulette is the live version that was first introduced by Evolution Gaming. It has changed the face of roulette by offering win multipliers on up to 5 straight-up numbers.
Lightning Roulette is a live casino game by Evolution Gaming. The live game is a combination of roulette with an added RNG gameplay but is played on a regular European Roulette wheel with 37 pockets. The pockets have 1-36 numbers that are colored in red and black and O. The game has 5 random lucky numbers, which improves your chances of making big cash wins.
Live Roulette Games
Not every online casino is going to offer the same variation of roulette to its members. Each casino has its own collection. Here are some casinos and the list of live roulette games they offer.
How to Play Online Roulette and Rules?
Now, it is time to take a look at how you can play live online roulette and the rules attached to it.
To play roulette, you have to learn the main rules. But the good news is it is really simple to play. You just need to know how it all works.
How to Play Live Roulette?
Here are the steps you have to follow when you are at a roulette table in an online casino.
Choose the Right Online Casino
Your first step is to look for the right online casino. You can choose one of the online casinos we have listed above.
After you have found the right online casino to play real money online roulette, the next step is to choose the roulette game you want to play and place your bet. Move the chips onto the bets you prefer. When you are playing the live version, the dealer will move them for you.
The roulette wheel will spin and based on where the ball lands determine the success of the wager. In case it lands on one of the numbers you have bet on, you are going to receive a payout.
Change the Bet or Spin Again
You have the option to spin the roulette wheel once again or change the wager. No individual is going to be the final winner. Hence, you can keep playing the game for as long as you want.
Rules to Play Live Roulette
To understand the online roulette rules, you have to learn about the two areas of the game which work along with each other, the roulette wheel and the roulette table. The roulette wheel will generate the game’s outcome and you place the bets on the roulette table. Since there are different variants of the game, we are going to take European Roulette as an example to explain the rules. The table and wheel of the European variants have numbers 0-36.
To win the game, you have to try to predict where the ball is going to land once it is placed in the spinning wheel. There are a plethora of bets that can be placed for predicting this. Multiple number bets, single number bets, etc. and you have to guess if the color of the number is going to be black or red, even if the number is even or odd. The choice is huge and so is the thrill that comes with the game.
Types of Bets You Can Place on Live Roulette
There are different types of bets that you can place on this game. The game gives you the freedom to wager on a group of numbers or single numbers. There are many betting combinations, which can give you different kinds of winning odds.
The greater the number of wheels you bet on, the more will be your winning chances. Take a look at the types of bets you can place in live roulette games-
When you take a closer look at the roulette table, you will know that the primary aspects of the game lie in the number from 0 to 36. The bets that you place right on the numbers are called Inside Bets.
Ø Split: The wager is placed on two different separate numbers, which are placed next to each other on the bet table. For example, they can be 17 and 20. It gives you a better winning chance than a straight bet.
Ø Straight: Where you place a wager on one number or many numbers at an odd of 35/1. It means if you place a wager of 10 on the number ‘17’ and land, you can win 360.
Ø Street: It covers the three consecutive numbers giving an odd of 11/1 when your chosen number lands.
Ø Corner/Square: It is a wager placed by putting the chips on the cross where the roulette numbers meet and implies you are wagering on four numbers in a single spin. The odds for this kind of bet are 8/1.
Ø Six-Number: It is a bet that covers two lines of numbers, which are adjacent to each other and come with an odd of 5/1.
The wagers that are placed out of the numbers field are called Outside Bets. The Outside bets will cover the larger numbers field and there are different types of Outside bets.
Ø Odd or Even: Wager on if the number that is winning is going to be even or odd.
Ø Red or Black: You can wager on the winning number’s color.
Ø 1-8 or 19-36: Wager on the winning number will be low or even high.
Ø Dozens: Wager on the 1 out of 3 dozen which are found on the layout of the table.
Live Roulette Features
Check out the top features you can enjoy with live online roulette games at an online casino.
- Cutting Edge Technology: A majority of the live casinos are known to use advanced systems that have improved the gaming process’s quality. The live streaming technology will allow you to observe every little detail and also the dealer’s action. Also, the cutting-edge technology ensures a high level of production of their personal data and information.
- Excellent Light and Sound: The casino studios install excellent sound and lighting equipment. So, you can get a clear view of the game on your screen.
- Camera: Usually, the casino uses the best camera to shoot the game simultaneously from a different angle. The casinos use more than one web camera.
- Live Chat: Live chat will allow the players to connect to the dealer of the game and other players participating in the game. So, you can establish a more personal connection and enjoy a more engaging game.
Live Roulette: Advantages, Tips, and Strategies
Before you start your session with live online roulette games, there are a few more things that you need to know.
Advantages of Playing Live Roulette
There are many advantages to playing live roulette. Check them out below-
- You can play the live roulette games in real-time and players can watch the game process in an authentic setting.
- Players can enjoy the games in their own sweet times. So, the games are more effortless and accessible.
- All the games are handled and managed by attractive live dealers in real-time.
- It comes with a Live Chat that lets players connect with the dealer and other players.
- You will get instant access to roulette tables and not have to wait in a queue for your turn.
Tips and Strategies
Here are some live roulette strategies and tips that you need to know to play the game-
- When you are just starting to play roulette, all players need to keep the bets low and learn the game properly.
- A good start is to avoid American Roulette as it can decrease the chance of winning.
- The outside bets tend to have lower odds causing them to pay you less. However, it will let you understand the game. Make sure that you don’t bet more simply because the odds are lower.
- When you have learned the game properly, you will start to see a pattern but yet you should make sure that you are sticking to a set.
Live Roulette vs. Traditional Online Roulette
Traditional Online Roulette
|The game is handled and managed by real-time dealers.|
The game is handled by a top-notch software solution
You can only play for real money
You can play the game for free or for real money
Most casinos cannot match up to the collection of online roulette variations
There are more variations than you can think of
Poor odds and payout
Better odds and payouts
Players and the dealers can distract you from the game
Not having other players can be lesser distractions
The Technology Behind the Live Roulette
Live casinos use cutting-edge streaming technology, which has been developed to deliver the maximum authentic experience.
- OCR Software: Optical Character Recognition is an established aspect of live casinos and is used for tracking the symbols on the cards, and the numbers present on the roulette wheel.
- Powerful Cameras: The multiple cameras used by the casinos makes you feel that you are a part of the action. They will give you different perspectives of the action.
- Studio Monitor: The live-casino roulette games offer a two-way interaction. You can talk to the dealer through chat and they will reply to you through their mic.
There are many software providers that offer live online roulette games. A few of those providers are-
- Evolution Gaming
- Pragmatic Play